When a Morkie by the name of Benji ran away from his home in New York City, his owners never imagined that he would return with a stab wound. Luckily, the little dog was rushed to the Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group (VERG) in Brooklyn, where he was treated with a fast-acting gel medication called Vetigel. The gel, which can stop bleeding in seconds, saved Benji’s life.
According to chief surgeon Matthew Morgan, Benji was in dire shape when he arrived at the emergency vet’s office. The stab wound was large and external, and the bleeding was severe. By quickly applying Vetigel, the bleeding was stopped, and Benji’s body was able to recover safely. While the wound was serious, Benji is now recovering and is expected to make a full recovery.
Vetigel is a safe and effective option for stopping bleeding in animals’ bodies. It works quickly to coagulate blood and seal wounds, which can help prevent infection and other complications. While there is a risk of toxicity if the gel is ingested, the benefits of using Vetigel in emergency situations like Benji’s far outweigh the potential risks.
What Happened to Benji
Benji had ran away from his home in NYC and was found in dire shape after being stabbed. He was rushed to the VERG vetterinary clinic in Brooklyn. Upon arrival, the veterinary team found that Benji was suffering from a large wound, allegedly from stabbing, that was causing severe bleeding.
The veterinary team quickly assessed the situation and decided to use Vetigel, a fast-acting gel medication that puts an end to severe bleeding in a matter of seconds. The gel was applied to the wound, and within moments, Benji’s bleeding was under control.
Benji was then taken into surgery to repair the wound. In a press release published by VERG’s chief veterinary Matthew Morgan, Benji’s wound was successfully cpntrolled and repaired and that he is now on his way to full recovery.
The veterinary team monitored Benji’s condition closely, and after a few days, he was able to go home to continue his recovery. The quick thinking of the veterinary team and the use of Vetigel enabled Benji to survive his traumatic injury and is now on the road to recovery.
Overall, Benji’s experience highlights the importance of seeking emergency veterinary care as soon as possible following a traumatic injury. The use of fast-acting medications like Vetigel can be life-saving in these situations, and it is crucial to have access to these resources in times of need.
The Fast-Acting Gel that Saved Benji
Vetigel is a safe and effective gel that is used to stop bleeding in animals. It is made from plant-based polymers and works by adhering to the wound and forming a seal. The gel then activates the body’s natural clotting process, which stops the bleeding. Vetigel is easy to use and can be applied quickly, which is why it is such a valuable tool for veterinarians.
The gel is also very safe for animals. It is non-toxic and does not cause any adverse reactions. This means that it can be used on animals of all ages and sizes without any risk of harm. Vetigel is a great alternative to traditional methods of stopping bleeding, such as sutures or cauterization, which can be more invasive and time-consuming.
Another benefit of Vetigel is that it helps prevent infection. When an animal is injured, there is always a risk of infection. Vetigel helps to form a protective barrier over the wound, which can help prevent bacteria from entering and causing an infection.
Vetigel is also beneficial because it does not cause any side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or seizures. This is important because some medications can have negative effects on an animal’s nervous system, which can be dangerous.
In addition to its benefits, Vetigel is also very easy to use. The gel can be applied directly to the wound, and it will start working immediately. This makes it an ideal product for emergency situations where time is of the essence.
Overall, Vetigel is a highly effective and safe product that can help save the lives of animals in emergency situations.